All 9 art Reviews

Meet the Artist 2017 Meet the Artist 2017

I really like the style you used where the edges are kind of soft and dreamlike. I also like that you repped The Behemoth TWICE and, by the way, is that a Graphgear 1000 I see? I have both the 0.5mm and 0.3mm ones and I'm not even an artist — they're just really great pencils. Overall, really great submission, though the shadow around the feet sort of confused me.

Keep up the great work!

Sabtastic responds:

Thanks! Gotta rep Behemoth and Newgrounds! Always!

Those mechanical pencils have such a nice weight to them, too. I don't know about you, but I'm super heavy-handed when I sketch/write, so I can't use the thin dainty little .5mm pencil leads or they'd just break all the time. :T

DBGirl Portraits DBGirl Portraits

Great work as always. These are excellent portraits. So much emotion is captured in each one.

I especially love the evil smile on Lunch!

NekoMika NekoMika

I give this 5 out of 5 adorable kitties.

moawling responds:

That is the best score using the best rating system. I'm v honoured.

Little Red Riding Ho Little Red Riding Ho

I really enjoy the expressions on the characters faces and the storybook-like quality of the background in contrast to the gritty reality of the foreground characters.

mysteriouslila responds:

I hope everybody got my baguette visual joke. (Hon hon hon)

miley cyprus miley cyprus

The Clippy on the right looks like a cat. The "M" looks like ears and its trailing piece a long tail.

I EAT COLORS I EAT COLORS

Good use of color. I really like it.

This is really nice. Why haven't you submitted any other art? I'd like to see more like this.

Goreguese responds:

i'm a lazy woman :(

happy jews happy jews

Excellent use of shading and lines. It speaks to the human condition.

Father and Son - The Virus Father and Son - The Virus

It seems that little thought went into the anatomy of the characters. They are literally stick figures. Not even stick figures with any artistic merit.

The story isn't funny. There isn't any sort of build-up or punchline. It's just sort of a "Something happened. Character dies for some reason" scenario.

You would benefit from finding books and tutorials on drawing people. Stick figures do not get your message across and make it hard to take your art seriously in any capacity.

You may also want to search for the work of famous comedians. You may get ideas for better material.

thelazykid13 responds:

This is for the violence lovers. So it isn't meant to be funny.
Btw, you are annoying as fuck

Father and Son - The Mistake I Father and Son - The Mistake I

It's the same "rage comic" nonsense currently being spewed by nearly every "aspiring artist" who can't be bothered to study serious works. There is a complete lack of originality, poor artwork, no storyline, and the entire thing relies on a "meme" which was never funny to begin with.

Pick up a few books on illustration. You will learn a lot.

thelazykid13 responds:

I made this when I was twelve and it was my first one so it isn't PERFECT